Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Before


I thought I might post some "before" photos so when I post the "after" shots, everyone can be suitably amazed.
Above is a picture of our front yard where I just planted some Bavarian Purple garlic, along with a mystery bulb. What? A mystery bulb? That's right.
Here's a shot of a Japanese tsubo niwa that I am just beginning on one side of our house. The moss is starting to peak through the straw, but I'm not really sure that you can see the baby "Emerald Lace" maple tree that's being supported by that branch. We've also had some ferns come alive in the space since clearing it of a serious weed stand.

In other news, I started working at an educational farm last week. It's very fun. The troubled teens who have class there are a riot -- extremely funny. Since I'm volunteering and can leave when I want, sometimes I say I'll stay until I hear the first joke about crack smoking. That's a good way to call it an early day.

No comments:

Post a Comment